One of the things 27 Things does is give you permission to fool around with technology.
I've owned this shiny lime green ipod since last Christmas, but I still don't really know how to use it. At one point I managed to get a couple of podcasts onto it (the Wiggly Wigglers I've mentioned before) along with a bunch of music, but I couldn't actually remember how I did that.
And I'm too busy to fool around just for my own fun ("fun" being too selfish a reason somehow - which is a topic for another discussion, some other time)
Anyway, this exercise gives me permission to figure out how to use this darn thing.
So now I've subscribed to the podcast in itunes (why put it into bloglines when I'm going to want to put it onto the ipod to listen to it on the go, not stuck at the computer) and it worked! Hysterical, informative organic gardening info from Herefordshire England.
Hooray!
As to downloadable stuff from Overdrive, I had tried it a year or so ago. I like the new tutorial people can listen to. It was helpful to me, as the book I was trying to download this time around would not work, until I clicked the tab to tell it to include those pauses between tracks, and I would not have known to do that if I hadn't first listened to the tutorial.
There is still plenty of room for frustration, and it will help if lots of us try the thing out so we know what it is our customers are talking about when they tell us about their challenges with it.
Now that I've got the ipod (more or less) figured out, I'm looking to use Overdrive a lot.
Another Hooray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Putting pauses between tracks? Maybe I'd better listen to that tutorial as well. I sometimes have to do troubleshooting with our patrons.
ReplyDelete